Kelvin Grove State College
Southern Cross Tennis provides coaches to Kelvin Grove state College. With the school being a school of excellence for tennis, there are always new talented players coming up in the ranks. Southern Cross Tennis not only provides the students with coaching at school but gives players the opportunity to join the Development Squad and Elite Squad. For players to participate in the School of Excellence program at Kelvin Grove, they need to be currently attending the school. Many of our current Elite Squad players attend Kelvin Grove State College and participate in the Tennis School of Excellence.
1. Development of Tennis skills
- Skills assessment/video analysis
- Tactical play/match analysis
- Interschool matches are planned with other schools eg. Boys Grammar and Nudgee College.
2. Development of Fitness
- Physiotherapist screening/individual programs
- Components – aerobic/stretching/agility/speed
- Strength training program/ rehabilitation training
3. Preparation for Tournaments
- Goal setting/time management
- Sports Psychology, Nutrition, Sports Medicine (injury prevention)
- Codes of Behaviour
4. Education of the Player and Career options
- Coaching Principles in Schools, Level I
- Sports Medicine Awareness
If you would like to find out more about the Kelvin Grove State College School of Tennis Excellence, we have gathered some links for you to visit.
- For further information contact Mr. Rob Amos, telephone: (07) 35527361